Thursday, September 10, 2015

I’ve No Regret Of Supporting Jonathan- Uwazuruike

Leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, has said that he had no regret for supporting former president Goodluck Jonathan in his re-election bid in the last presidential polls, and that the existing romance with the people of the Niger Delta region would quicken the actualisation of Biafra Republic.

He stated that although Jonathan lost in his re-election bid, the South East had got closer ties with the people of Niger Delta region.

The MASSOB leader accused President Muhammadu Buhari of continually marginalising the people of the South East zone which had manifested in his current appointments.

Uwazuruike, who was fielding question from newsmen, on Monday, on his arrival from Zone 9 Police Headquarter Umuahia, vowed to sustain the struggle of actualisation of the Biafran Republic saying that incessant harassment by security agencies would not deter his members to achieve their goals.

Uwazuruike stated that he was intimidated and humiliated by the invasion on his Owerri residence by the police, on September 7, 2015.

"I am being humiliated by the police. By midnight last Saturday, I received an alert that police invaded here (his residence in Owerri). They stayed for over an hour and throughout that night I could not sleep because I kept on wondering what might be the reason for that."

He said, "I got a letter directing me to go and see the Commissioner of Police and I drove with my lawyer and the CP told me that he does not want MASSOB in Imo State and that the AIG Zone 9 wanted to see me in Umuahia. I told him that since sixteen (16) years of the existence of MASSOB no single member had been accused of armed robbery, rape or kidnapping and I told him that we were a law-abiding people, who were fighting for freedom. I also told him that people fought for what he is enjoying today, because if Britain had continued their colonisation till today, he (the CP) would not have been a CP and that he cannot stop freedom fighters as MASSOB."

Source: Daily Times



AbleMoJah® Nigeria.

No comments:
Write comments

Popular Posts

Labels

News (618) Technology (72) Entertainment (67) Jokes (36) Relationship (28) Lifestyle (26)