Saturday, September 05, 2015

Man bounces back to life after three days in morgue

•Family celebrates God's miracle

A 70 year old man might have cheated death when he
bounced back to life after spending over 30 hours in
a mortuary in Makurdi, the Benue state capital.
Doctors at a private hospital in the town had on
Saturday, August 26, 2015, certified Amos Otene dead
at 4. 30 am and promptly covered him up and
wheeled him into the mortuary, awaiting instructions
from members of the family for embarment.

As further proof that Otene was
dead, the doctors extracted the requisite body fluid and other substances from the corpse, for
post mortem examination which was to ultimately
reveal the cause of death.

According to the family, the hospital admitted Otene on Friday August 25 after he complained of severe toothache which had persisted for several days. As the news of Otene's death spread, family members and other sympathisers continued to throng the hospital.

On Sunday, when one of his children, Eche, who lives
in Lafia visited, he was taken to the mortuary to
confirm that his father had indeed passed on.
According to Eche, at about 1.39 pm, "the morticians
at the hospital wheeled out the trolley containing my
father and unveiled the face for me to see.
It was in this process that the supposedly he started
raising his right hand and all of us fled towards the
reception area of the mortuary. From a safe distance
we watched as my father lifted himself and sat on the
bed and that was about seven minutes later. One of
the attendants eventually summoned enough
courage and approached my father who fell back on
the trolley."
Eche said that the doctors ordered that the
resurrected man be readmitted in the ward where
some medication was administered and he was
placed on fresh round of drips. He remained in the
ward till Tuesday when the doctors carried out series
of tests and certified Otene fit for discharge.
Encounter with death

As at Wednesday at the Otene's Old GRA residence in
Makurdi, well-wishers continued to troupe there to
catch a glimpse of the resurrected man. Until his
retirement in 2012, Otene worked at the Department
of Forestry of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture in
Makurdi. In what may well be an apparent case of
near-death experience, Otene said that, "what I
remember is that I was in a vehicle and traveled a
long distance.

When I got there, there were many people and there
was a lot of celebration and merriment and the
people were happy. But they did not allow me to stay
with them. They said I should go back and repeat my
I am much better now and I thank God for everything
and I also owe many thanks to the hospital for taking
care of me and my family members who have been
worried. I hope they will continue to be with me until
I am completely free from this stress."

It's a miracle

Otene's wife, Elizabeth, was not aware that her
husband had 'passed'. Her children did not inform
her because, according to them, she is hypertensive
and they feared that informing her would have
caused additional damage.

According to Elizabeth, "they did not tell me that my
husband died, they only told me after the
resurrection and I think it is a miracle. I ask God to
forgive me for doubting when they told me that he
died and resurrected.

After his resurrection he developed high appetite for
food and he has been demanding for food. Eche, the
son said,"this is God's miracle. We glorify God's
name. God is merciful and we can't thank Him
enough for keeping my father alive. What if they had
embarmed him? They did not because they were
waiting for us. And when I visited the man came
alive. It's God's work."

Faulty death certification

But medical experts say Otene could not have died in
the first place and that the question of resurrection
was out of the question. The only explanation,
according to a Makurdi-based medical practitioner,
Dr. Ameh Edace, is that, "he was in a long coma. He
was in a long coma if he came back to life before

Also reacting, the Medical Director of Rekiya
Memorial Hospital, Kaduna, Dr. Bello Mohammed,
said that, "in the history of medicine, there has not
been any case of anybody coming back to life after
being certified dead.
It is not possible but when you talk of miracle, that is
a different thing altogether because with miracle,
anything can happen.

But if a person is pronounced clinically dead, he
remains dead and there is no way he can come back
to life, certainly, not after 24 hours. For this case in
question, the only medical explanation is that the
patient was in a long coma.

If a doctor had certified the patient dead, then the
competence of that doctor should be questioned. For
sure, there is something wrong with the death

AbleMoJah® Nigeria.

No comments:
Write comments

Popular Posts


News (618) Technology (72) Entertainment (67) Jokes (36) Relationship (28) Lifestyle (26)