Tuesday, February 09, 2016

'When I was in prison, I had joy' - Obasanjo

While speaking at the 50th anniversary of the Bible Society of Nigeria held at the Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos, former President Obasanjo said that he had joy and maintained a bubbly disposition while he served his prison term during the Abacha era. Obasanjo was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1995 after he was convicted for his involvement in the plot to overthrow the late Head of State, Gen. Abacha. He was released after Abacha's sudden death in 1998 and became president in 1999.

"When I was in prison, I had joy. I was always bubbly, teaching and preaching to other prisoners. It was because of the joy I had found in God, although it can be said to be abnormal that one is in prison and is happy. I was put in jail, even though I didn't deserve it." he said





AbleMoJah® Nigeria.

1 comment:
Write comments

Popular Posts

Labels

News (618) Technology (72) Entertainment (67) Jokes (36) Relationship (28) Lifestyle (26)