EFFORTS by the detained National Publicity Secretary of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, to regain his freedom from prison custody got a boost yesterday following the variation of his bail conditions by a Federal High Court. Specifically, Justice Okon Abang sitting in Abuja lessened the bail terms, which it imposed on Metuh on January 19.
In his ruling on Metuh's application for the variation of his bail conditions, Justice Abang, who granted the application in part, said the applicant would no longer be required to produce two sureties who must have property limited to the Maitama District of Abuja
While the bail sums of N400 million and other attached conditions remain, Metuh's proposed sureties, who the court insisted must be resident in Abuja, could now be owners of property with valid title documents "in any district of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)."
The court, however, rejected Metuh's request seeking the removal of the bail condition directing the prosecuting counsel, Mr. Sylvanus Tahir, to within 24 hours of being notified, verify the addresses of the proposed sureties and the certificates of occupancy of the property to be presented by them.
AbleMoJah® Nigeria.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, appears to be fully in charge of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) amid silent grumblings fr...
-
During his visit in Ghana today, President Buhari said he has so far declared his assets four times, for the four different times he has h...
-
The United Nations has appointed Barcelona and Argentina captain Lionel Messi and pop sensation Shakira who is also the wife of Gerard Pi...
-
World Shipowners' Association (WSA) has appointed Nigeria-born Forbes billionaire and President of Slok Group, Orji Uzor Kalu as interim...
-
Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra has appealed to the Federal Government to complete Zik's Mausoleum and Library Complex in Onitsha in due t...






No comments:
Write comments